See penguins not very far from Puerto Varas
14.07.2009 16 °C
Just 2 Hours of Puerto Varas we can find the cove of Puñihuil where 3 islets give us the chance to appreciate 2 kinds of penguins: Humboldt and Magellan. Tours are available from Puerto Varas, almost in every agency, but you have to consider a few points prior your visit:
1. Penguins arrive at the end of September till last days of March
2. December , January you can see the offspring
3. Is a 2 and a half hours one way to see just 20 minutes of penguins
4. Boats takes people into the islet but you can’t get off of the boats
5. Boats start to operate from 10:00 a.m., before that, they don’t disturb the penguin feeding time.
6. Departures of the boats are every 15 minutes, full capacity, so you might have to wait.
7. Although 98% of the time the visit can be done, there is 2 % where is impossible for weather conditions.
8. Since 2009 the visits will be limited, so don’t go there without a reservation.
9. The boat ride for 2009 would cost $ 5000 Chilean pesos.
10. A lot of wild life could be seen besides penguins, Cormorants, Gulls, Otters, Sea lions, Steamer ducks, and Kelp goose among others.
You can ask for the weather prior your visit to: Hector Galindo Cell phone: 94550434 (Spanish Only)
You can book your lunch in the restaurant of the same fishermen book a place at this cell, phone: 96556780 (Spanish Only)
If you want more advices for Chile Only You might want to follow us ::::Here:::