Chile Magical Island
27.07.2010 22 °C
1. Take Sun Block, because the radiation is getting dangerous and in the Island is very expensive !!!
2. If you like animals, take some dog chow with you, a lot of dog will follow you in the streets , most of them live outside!
3. Rent a bike if you want to save some money, indeed you can skip the typical excursions and do everything by yourself on your bike!
4. If you want to taste great street food..go to the fishing cove and there are a few little stands where they sell , delicious “tuna empanada” choose the third one , which is painted in RED
5. If you want a better restaurant go to the main street and find the restaurant ” TE MOANA” …try the “CEVICHE TE MOANA ” is Great!!!
6. Are you in the mood for a show? Some of them are very good we have 2 to reccomend : MATATO’A , which perfoms on Tuesday , Thursday, Saturday from: 10:00 pm to 11:00 pm……..KARI-KARI same days but from 09:00 pm to 10:00pm and both have the same entrance fee: $ 10.000 (CLP)
7. Save a day or half day to spend some time on ANAKENA BEACH , relax and enjoy; you have baños there, ($500 pesos), and you have some places to eat , try the stand which is closer to the water is very tasty, reasonable, and clean!
8. About where to stay , we have not stayed in many places there, but TAHATAI HOTEL is very confortable and close from downtown
9. A great Bar with local Music is : KITEMATE PUB
10. Although they take dollars, exchange money in Santiago and go with Pesos, the exchange rate is not the best there!